AussieTheatre.com catches up with Mischana Dellora-Cornish.
AussieTheatre.com catches up with the young woman who is currently playing Anthony Warlow’s son in Dr. Zhivago after 4 years in the Australian/Asia Pacific tour of CATS.
20 Questions with Mischana Dellora-Cornish
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?A Ballerina. Thank god I eventually overcame that desire.
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you? My wife.
3. What animal best represents you and why? The otter – because they are mischevious, ingenious, and are a little bit of everything. A land creature, a water creature, playful, and youthful at heart.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to have on offer before you walked away? Depends if I was feeling brave or not!? Maybe if I’d had a smart glass of red beforehand, I’d be more brave.
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?The worst kind of date is certainly when you are on one, but don’t realise you’re on one till it’s too late!
6. Windows or MAC? MAC!
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite? Mmm… I always identified with Ginger – purely because we both have red hair.
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside? Oh! Too many to mention
9. What five songs would you put on a mix tape? Just Like a Star – Corrine Bailey-RaeSamson – Regina SpektorClare Bowditch – Divorcee by 23Anything by Camera obscuraAnything by Counting CrowsAnything by Cat EmpireOh, and Fiona Apple!Nina Simone… Jillane JonesWho puts only 5 songs on a mix tape?
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia? I suppose one of the great things about it is that the community is so small, you get to know everyone so well.
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia? Because That the industry is so small there are so few jobs available at any one time. And that producers are often less wiling to take a risk on “Australian Made” theatre. Money is often put towards shows which have been a success somewhere else.
12. Favourite food? Sweet – sticky date puddingSavoury – a good cheese…so long as its accompanied by a good wine. (Which is what I’m currently eating/drinking)
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground? Try to find a number in it I could call…
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had? Advertising pork – and I’m a vegetarian.
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online? Gmail.com
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.I have two – Taking a bow to a cheering audience, knowing you’ve worked hard enough to earn it. Spontaneously proposing at a holiday house in Blairgowrie…in the sun.
17. Red or white? Red…
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled? The hills of Chengdu in China.
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met? Lea Salonga – and she plays a mean game of poker!!
20. Where do you see yourself in five years? I see mysef in a house, a little more mature than I probably will be. Future terrifies me…