In just six weeks, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival will bring back the laughs once again! Returning with more shows, international comics and an expanded program hitting the suburbs, Melburnians will be giggling all through April. More than 400 shows are already on sale.
Launching on 18 March, Comedy Fest’s Neighbourhood Sessions will take the laughs beyond the city – visiting venues in Thornbury, Narre Warren, Werribee, Footscray, Moorabbin, Preston and Broadmeadows. Showcasing some of the funniest names of the Festival, and stellar hosts, people won’t need to travel much further than their own backyard to see the funny people.
When the Festival kicks off on 30 March, we’ve got an incredible line up of international superstars ready to grace our stages once more.
- Our favourite Malaysian Brit, Phil Wang returns after his Netflix special, with the World Premiere of The Real Hero In All This.
- You may remember sister duo Flo & Joan (UK) from their side-splitting hit song, I Drank Too Much. This time they come with razor sharp new lyrics in their latest show, Sweet Release.
- Festival favourite David O’Doherty (IRL) is ready to bring the good times and his silly charm with whoa is me. It’s been a while for the author, musician, actor and playwright but the perpetual award winner and his plastic keyboard should not be missed.
- Nor should Scotland’s Fern Brady. Performing to sold out shows last time she hit the Melbourne stage, be sure to join her in 2022 as she fearlessly tackles death and other issues in Autistic Bikini Queen.
- Mark Watson (UK) will make up for lost time with his new show, This Can’t Be It, a breakneck hour of observational comedy.
- And two-time Edinburgh Comedy Award nominee Carl Donnelly (UK) takes to the stage and navigates the new normal in Keep Carl and Carry On.
Plus there’s Stephen K Amos (UK), Arj Barker (USA), Melanie Bracewell (NZ), Best of the Edinburgh Fest (CAN/UK), Jason Byrne (IRL), Urzila Carlson (NZ/STH AFRICA), Nurse Georgie Caroll (UK), Jason Leong (MALAYSIA), Jeff Green (UK), John Hastings (CAN), Guy Montgomery (NZ), Showko (JPN), Takashi Wakasugi (JPN), Alyson Joyce (PNG) joining Sean Choolburra and Sean Murphy in Wantok, and many more…
The city will be buzzing with something for everyone, including Comedy Club for Kids and The (Very) Big Laugh Out running all through the school holidays! Other much-loved annual events are filling up the calendar including The Gala proudly supporting Oxfam, Opening Night Comedy Allstars Supershow, The Great Debate, Upfront, plus the National Grand Finals for RAW Comedy, Deadly Funny and Class Clowns.
Venue: Melbourne International Comedy Festival
Date: 30 Mar– 24 Apr 2022
For more information click HERE