- Provide pivotal support to the Art, Design and Technology Department
- Great career opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic individual
- Exciting full-time, term-time opportunity commencing in Term 1, 2024
About the Role
The ADT Technical Assistant provides comprehensive technical support to teachers and students within the Art, Design and Technology Department. In this role, you will demonstrate your knowledge and skills by ensuring that apparatuses are operating properly and safely for use in practical lessons. You will be required to follow guidelines established by the School to protect the safety and well-being of all users of the Design Centre, showing knowledge of Work, Health and Safety requirements.
You are dedicated, passionate and possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a wide range of workshop machinery and tools
- High level of administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to coordinate calendars and conflicting schedules
- High level of written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other members of staff.
- Previous experience using the following applications including.
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel desirable)
- School management database systems (Synergetic would be highly regarded)
All team members at CGS are required to have:
- Appropriate qualifications
- A valid ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card
- A current National Police Check; and
- Full working rights within Australia.
Benefits for you
As a CGS team member, you have access to a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly competitive salary and superannuation of 12.5% (for permanent team members)
- Staff awards program and generous professional development funding
- Attractive salary packaging arrangements
- Complimentary daily barista-made coffee
- Delicious daily morning tea and discounted lunches
- Access to the onsite health clinic and annual influenza vaccinations
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- School fee concessions
- Onsite parking
Working at CGS
We aim to provide a vibrant and rewarding workplace that showcases your skills with a strong commitment to your professional learning. Working at Canberra Grammar School you will join a community committed to delivering the highest standard of education, inspiring students to achieve personal excellence within a warm and inclusive environment.
We are continuously growing our CGS community with people who are passionate and energetic in their profession and who place student learning and well-being at the forefront of all they do.
How to Apply
Please visit cgs.act.edu.au/careers/ to access the position description and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description)
CGS is proud to be a School that takes child protection very seriously. All candidates for roles at Canberra Grammar School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
An early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
To apply for this job please visit cgs.bigredsky.com.