Website TASMANIAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Commencement salary AUD $85,648 – relocation contribution available. If applicants are unable to travel to Hobart, the TSO will accept recorded video auditions. Applications will be accepted from international candidates however final employment is contingent upon candidate being eligible for, and securing with TSO’s assistance, an Australian Subclass 186 working visa.
- Applications open: Tuesday 30 January 2024
- Excerpts released: Tuesday 27 February 2024, or 4 weeks ahead of a confirmed recording date, and upon receipt of a completed application form
- Applications close for auditions: Tuesday 12 March 2024 at 4pm
- Final deadline for recorded submissions: Two days after the confirmed recording date, but no later than Tuesday 19 March 2024
- Audition date: Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 March 2024 in Hobart, Tasmania
- Mozart Bassoon Concerto – 1st movement only (up to the recapitulation) to be performed on bassoon with piano accompaniment AND
- Saint-Saens Sonata for bassoon and piano – 1st movement only, to be performed on bassoon with piano accompaniment AND
- Mozart Bassoon Concerto – 2nd movement only, to be performed on contrabassoon with piano accompaniment
- All orchestral excerpts
First, please read the full Information Pack available on our website. Then, please return a completed Candidate Information Form (available on our website) and a CV detailing relevant experience, training, and referees to:
Emily Becker, Orchestra Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
If you intend to submit a video recorded audition, please read and follow the Guidelines for the Preparation of a Recorded Audition, also found on the TSO website. Upon submitting your Candidate Information Form, you will receive more detailed information about how the audition process will occur on the day.