Website ARTSPACE MACKAY
Are you a creative and practical person with a love for the arts? Artspace Mackay is on the lookout for a Casual Artspace Assistant to join our team, contributing to the dynamic cultural landscape of Mackay.
About this opportunity:
As a casual Artspace Assistant, you will work closely with the Artspace Mackay Director and Curator, playing a vital role in front-of-house visitor services and the implementation of our diverse exhibitions program. This casual position offers work flexibility, and a chance to become part of a team who present rich artistic and cultural experiences for the Mackay region.
As a crucial member of our team, your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in the technical installation of all Artspace Mackay exhibitions, actively participate in exhibition changeovers, supporting the curatorial team with tasks including, condition reporting, patching and painting the gallery, artwork installation and lighting.
· Maintaining the exhibition space, to prepare it for temporary exhibitions, including moving and caring for display equipment and tools.
· Playing a role to support the functions and events presented at Artspace Mackay.
· Overseeing gallery opening and closing operations on alternate weekends (approximately two days per month), providing quality customer support to ensure a positive visitor experience.
· Weekend supervision of gallery volunteers, ensuring their front-of-house and gallery invigilation duties are carried out diligently.
· Upholding front-of-house operations, including Gallery Shop sales, greeting visitors, and maintaining a neat and tidy front of house.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
· QLD “C” Class Drivers Licence or interstate equivalent.
· Practical experience in displaying and exhibiting artworks.
· Personal time management, ability to work in a small team, strong interpersonal skills.
· Physical capability for manual tasks such as bending, lifting, and stacking boxes and artwork.
· Sound computer operation skills, including Microsoft Office products.
In return, you will join a dynamic and collaborative team as well as benefiting from:
· Base hourly rate $30.18
· 11% Superannuation contribution
· May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
· Learning and development opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
· Active Social Clubs
Interested in joining the team?
Join us in fostering a vibrant arts community. If you have a passion for the arts and meet the qualifications, submit a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter. Be a part of Artspace Mackay and make a lasting impact on the cultural landscape of Mackay.
For the position description, selection criteria and further information on how to apply, visit: Mackay Regional Council/Careers
Advertising closes: 29th February 2024
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated fairly and respectfully and have equal access to all available opportunities. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises our employees’ unique contributions and perspectives, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
Discover more about the Mackay Region https://www.discovermackay.com.au/
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au.