Lisa-Marie Parker is currently starring in Cats.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A cliché I know, however from a very young age I knew I wanted to be a performer. I’m not sure if it was Bill Collin’s The Golden Years of Hollywood that I watched every weekend that sparked it or a trip to the theatre. At the age of 7, I desperately wanted to be Maria in West Side Story. I screamed out loud and sobbed in the theatre when Tony died.
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
Well my husband of course, Chris Parker but also my Mumma and Papa, and my Sister Olivia!
3. What animal best represents you and why?
Well my nickname is Pyrana, because of a particular face people say I pull when I dance, but I have no idea what they are talking about!! I think I am more of like a monkey because I am very cheeky.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
I’d want to win the car as mine is tin can! I am lucky it still works! Although, I get far too excited when I watch those Saturday episodes with the $2 Mill Jackpot! No deal!
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
Hmmm I married the guy, probably best not say!
6. Windows or MAC?
Once you go Mac, you never go back!
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
Hmmm. I wanted to punch Baby Spice, so no comment!
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
Sally Field! Oh and Johnny Depp (for obvious reasons!)
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
The Way You Look Tonight-Tony Bennett
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
The Blower’s Daughter-Damien Rice
The Book of Love-Peter Gabriel
Don’t Rain On My Parade-Babs
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
The work ethic of Australian performers.
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
Australian casting, in musicals in particular, is still about trying to fit the moulds of what came before. And celebrity casting over appropriate casting is always frustrating to watch/audition against but we all understand you have to sell tickets.
12. Favourite food?
Avacado with lemon juice on crackers!
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
Have a squiz at the Driver’s Licence photo, giggle and then hand it in.
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
It’s hard to pick just one! Dressing as a bumblebee in Kmart is up there, or Santa’s little Slutty Helper also a contender, however working at a call centre cold calling members of a health insurance fund to update credit card expiry dates is the definite winner!
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
Weather.com.au and Jonothan Cainer Horoscopes!
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content
My wedding day. I was way more than content!
17. Red or white?
If talking wine, WHITE, but I assume you’re talking shoes, so RED!
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
The Louvre in Paris.
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Hmm Who’s more famous? Brian May, Chevy Chase, Martin Short, Benny and Bjorn, Harry Connick Jnr, Maurice Gibb, Ben Elton, Julian Lennon, Hugh Jackman, Geoffrey Rush….Akmal? Name dropper Much!
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully, successfully juggling my performing, writing and producing projects whilst being the perfect mum! Only time will tell!