We catch up with Francine Cain, currently starring in Rock of Ages as hippy activist Regina to ask her our 20 questions (+1)
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An illustrator for children’s books.
2.Who is the most important person in the world to you?
3. What animal best represents you and why?
Hyena- my laugh!
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
one million dollars
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
A guy once took me out to dinner to a Seafood restaurant. I hate seafood. He also told me he hated Musicals and theatre and spent the entire night explaining how car engines work. It lasted 35 minutes.
6. Windows or MAC?
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
I loved Baby, but I always had to be Ginger.
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
“Clap your hands”- Sia
“Make you feel my love”-Adele
“Better Man”- Pearl Jam
“Are you gonna be my girl”- Jet
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
Egos. We’re quite humble!
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
We’re a sporting nation!!! We need more lovers of the Arts! It’s suprising how many people I’ve met who didn’t even know what Musical Theatre is! When I tell someone my occupation, I’m often asked “Oh and what instrument do you play?”
12. Favourite food?
Pasta and Ice Cream
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
Hand it into Police/try and find the owner! KARMA!
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
I’ve done some horrible promo work!
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
Facebook of course
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.
Returning home after 9 months of living away at uni.
17. Red or white?
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’m not a planner. I’m a dreamer. I often just let things happen!
+ 1 Question from Matt Holly, the last person to answer AussieTheatre.com’s 20 Questions:
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you onstage?
I tripped running up the stairs in my solo…. the audience “oooooooooooooooooooh” ‘d me!